Rookie Recruiter Training Program
Registrations Close and Session 1 Preparation: 18 September 2018
8 Webinar Sessions:
25 September, 2 October, 9 October, 16 October, 30 October,
13 November, 20 November, 27 November
Session time: 12 noon until 2pm AEST
Click here to check the time in your location
The Rookie Recruiter Training Program runs across 8 webinar sessions of 2 hours per session.
Each session will include a new topic and a quiz on the previous week's content and assignments. The format is fully interactive with frequent polls and Q&A.
This is a highly cost and time effective live (via webinar) training program for rookies entering the recruitment industry, which is being hosted online from the comfort of your desk, using your computer or any mobile/portable device (ie iPad, tablet, laptop, mobile phone). The program facilitator (Ross Clennett) is seen on webcam throughout each session and each participant interacts via a computer or telephone headset and/or a chat window.
The Program includes a comprehensive workbook for each session, access to a range of eBooks, and webinar recordings to complement the live material.
All participants completing the program receive a Certificate of Attendance that is recognised by the RCSA (Aus & NZ) as worth 20 points towards gaining or maintaining professional accreditation.
Unless otherwise stated, these 8 sessions (webinars) are not recorded. In the interest of optimum learning and development, participants are expected to attend each session and participate 'live', therefore blocking out the dates and times in their diary/calendar.
Rookie Recruiter Training Program
This program is now SOLD OUT. The next program commences 12 February 2019. Please email [email protected] to register on the waiting list.
Limited to a maximum of 30 participants
AU$819 + GST per person
Program Kick-Off and Introduction to the Recruitment Industry
- The role of recruitment agencies
- Trends in the Australian & NZ labour markets
- The recruitment industry explained
- The role of the recruiter
- The 6 critical success competencies of recruiters
- Career paths and earning potential for recruiters
- RCSA Code for Professional Conduct
- Top 5 success principles of recruitment consulting
- Why recruitment consulting is a great job and a fulfilling career
Topic: Running your desk, managing daily and weekly activities
- The mindset you need to accomplish more in a day
- The role of technology in having a productive day, every day
- How to start the day powerfully and get tough stuff done
- Recognising and avoiding time wasting activities and people
- How to quickly move your mood and energy from ‘down’ to ‘up’
- How to handle interruptions from work colleagues
- The importance of understanding your KPIs
- The ’25 point plan’ – how to keep yourself on track each week
TOPIC: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- How to work a sales pipeline to maximise results
- 21 easy ways to find leads
- How to create an effective call cycle
- How to make effective telemarketing calls
- Candidates you should reverse market (and how)
- Live networking – where to go and how to build contacts
TOPIC: CANDIDATES: SOURCING AND SCREENING TO FIND THE BEST
- Where, and how, to find good candidates
- Setting up and using LinkedIn effectively
- The 5 principles of effective recruitment ad writing
- How to read resumes effectively and quickly
- How to conduct quick and effective phone screening
- How to respectfully say ‘no’ and handle difficult candidates on the phone
- Preparing candidates for their interview with you
- The sobering facts about resume accuracy
- Background checks, confidentiality and privacy law: What you need to know
TOPIC: INTERVIEWING (TEMP AND PERM)
- The importance and benefits of effective interviewing
- Your role and responsibilities as an interviewer
- The 3 pillars of an effective interview
- The resume gaps you need to fill in
- How to rapidly build rapport to gain high quality information
- Discovering the two different types of candidate motivation
- Why an interviewer needs to think, and act, like a detective
- Behavioural event interviewing – what it is and why you should use it
- Examples of questions to assess competency levels
- The core differences between temp and perm interviews
TOPIC: REFERENCE CHECKING AND CANDIDATE MANAGEMENT
- The critical mindset for reference checking
- Privacy fundamentals of reference checking
- The questions to ask candidates about their referees
- How to elicit valuable information from a reluctant referee
- The cover-all questions you should ask every referee
- What candidates expect from recruiters
- Feedback to candidates about their resume and interview performance
- Appropriate communication frequency with your candidates
- The ‘trial close’: Presenting and negotiating offers
- Handling counter-offers
- Ensuring the candidate starts
TOPIC: TAKING A JOB AND ENSURING YOU CAN FILL IT
- Preparation for taking a job brief
- The most important job-related information you need to know
- How to elicit from your client a competency-based key selection criteria
- Handling implicit and explicit discriminatory requests from clients
- The questions you need to ask to understand your client’s culture
- Presenting your recommended recruitment strategy to the client
- When and how to ask for exclusivity on the assignment
- How to ensure the job is both ‘real’ and ‘current’
- Handling client demands for a discount
- How to identify clients that will waste your time and become profit-killers
TOPIC: MANAGING THE ASSIGNMENT FROM JOB-IN TO GUARANTEE FULFILLED
- Assessing and ranking candidates for your short list
- How to present a short list to ensure all candidates are interviewed
- Managing the client’s expectations
- Coaching your clients on effective interviewing techniques
- Gaining effective client feedback on interviews
- Plus overall program summary and the path from a Rookie Recruiter to a Top Biller
Do you have a question about the program?
Ross provides great insight into the mindset of high performance and achievement that can be applied to all areas of life. In working together with Ross, we found that his communication style combined with his clear understanding of all aspects of the recruitment cycle meant that he was relevant, engaging, and delivered thought provoking content
Co-founder, Exclaim IT
I recently completed the 8 week Rookie Recruitment Program. The course was a fantastic way to fast track my career and knowledge in Recruitment especially as this was a new field of employment for me.
I now feel confident about effectively engaging with candidates and how to screen them. I understand the importance of the Top 5 skills and behaviors per role. Ross also taught effective tools to grow and manage a database of clients and candidates.
I feel this course really benefited me in understanding the key criteria and skills of being the best Recruitment Consultant I can be.
Ross ran the course with professionalism and was also really helpful with any questions of queries the group would have.
Thank you so much for the course Ross and I look forward to working with you in the future.
Kingfisher Recruitment, Melbourne
I completed the Rookie Recruiter program earlier this year found it incredibly valuable. Months later, I have found that I have put into practice a lot of what Ross taught me. The main takeaway point for me was the evidence based approach to candidate interviews and how this should feed through to the presentation of the candidate to the client.
While I received extensive on the job training when I joined Mahlab, the structured approach of the Rookie Recruiter program was very helpful.
Legal Search Consultant
I did the 8 week Rookie recruiter course run by Ross. I highly recommend this for anyone with staff that requires training in recruitment. Ross's knowledge is on the subject is second to none and what I learnt in 20 hours with Ross has been so valuable in my career so far ! Thanks Ross!
Signature Staff, Cairns